Assistant/Associate Professor in Labor in Migration Studies
Assistant/Associate Professor in Labor in Migration Studies (Phd Program)
Duties & Responsibilities
The Gulf Studies Center is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor who is motivated to teach and develop graduate courses in Labor and Migration Studies as part of the Gulf Studies graduate program. Candidate should have strong teaching and research interests in labor and migration studies, with emphasis on the Gulf region. Primary responsibilities include teaching graduate courses, contributing to the program curriculum, supervising graduate student research, and contributing to the research portfolio of the Center as well as the College.
All QU Faculty members must demonstrate effectiveness in the following categories: teaching, academic advising and program development, scholarly research, professional or creative activities and institutional/community service.
1. Teach courses in area of specialization
2.Contribute to various committees at the Program, College and University level
3.Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
4.Serve as student advisor,when needed
5.Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Center
1. Ph.D in a related discipline
2.Strong Peer reviewed publication record
3.Teaching experience at tertiary level
4.Familiarity with, and interest in, the Gulf region is beneficial
5.Complete fluency in written and oral English required
6.Proficiency in Arabic is strongly preferred.
7.Must be eligible to work in Qatar.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
Apply via online : https://careers.qu.edu.qa