Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supports the research assistant professors and Gulf Studies Center Director in all aspects of research.
2.Collects data from various sources including the Internet, libraries, government sources, and personal contacts; reads sources for relevancy to research themes; assembles documents, and reports.
3. Updates and checks existing data and footnotes; provides fact-checking, editing, and proofreading of publications.
4 Compiles bibliographies and chronologies; writes briefing memos; prepares notes on meetings and conferences; creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases.
5.Provide assistance in drafting of books, papers, opinion pieces, and blog posts.
6.Provide assistance with proofreading and editing publications by fellows and research assistant professors and the Center Director.
7.Assists in the compilation of research publications as well as Center briefs and publications.
8.Provide administrative assistance for research related tasks to Center Director and research coordinators
9.Assist with organization of research meetings, conferences and workshops
1.Master’s degree in Gulf studies, international affairs, political science, or related field required (with focus on the Gulf region)
2.Familiarity with and interest in the Gulf region is beneficial
3.Strong academic record as well as proven outstanding writing skills.
4.Complete fluency in written and oral English required
5.Proficiency in Arabic is strongly preferred.
6.Must be eligible to work in Qatar.
7.Willingness to work with teams
8.Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
1.. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
Apply via online : https://careers.qu.edu.qa