Duties & Responsibilities
The Gulf Studies Center is seeking an Editor who will be responsible for the development of a Gulf Studies Journal and Monographic Series, as well as other publication endeavors identified by the Gulf Studies Center director and the three research coordinators. The editor will contribute to the advancement of the Gulf Studies research portfolio as well as the development of publication and research partnerships. The editor will be responsible for managing all aspects of editing and publication.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Managing the acquisition process, which includes advertising competitions in national venues and social media, receiving manuscripts, coordinating screening with Senior Editor, communication with authors, securing manuscripts and contracts,
2.Coordinate the publishing process, which includes all aspects of production and distribution
3.Market books and manage inventory
4.Fundraising, grant writing, and management of all budgeting/fiscal accounts.
5.Take full responsibility for teaching at least two graduate workshops per semester
6.Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Center T
The role of the editor will also see that person have accountability for:
1. Managing communication and follow-up with authors;
2.Copy-editing the text of each publication;
3.Oversee the publication process, marketing and distribution of all publications;
4.Production and editorial support for Center conferences and workshops;
5.Copy-editing grant proposals and draft publications of Center research faculty;
6.Production of content for the Center website.
1.Master's degree, PhD preferred
2.At least two years of experience with a small press or presses
3.Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
4.Understanding of author contracts, literary media outlets, publishing timetables and marketing processes
5.Ability to teach effectively at the higher education level
6.Fundraising and/or grant writing experience
7.Ability to work with diverse constituencies
8.Familiarity with, and interest in, the Gulf region is beneficial
9.Proficiency in Arabic is strongly preferred.
10. Must be eligible to work in Qatar.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
Apply via online : https://careers.qu.edu.qa