Research & Innovation Manager
JOB ID: 160558
SALARY RANGE: $106,703 - $113,155 pa (plus 17% super)
HOURS OF DUTY: Full-time (36.75 hours per week)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Fixed term until 31 March 2019
LOCATION OF POSITION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The position has primary responsibility for the effective development and implementation of strategies, policies and programs to support and enhance the research performance of the Institute
- Work directly with Deakin Research Commercial to pursue and promote key industry and academic collaborations for the Institute and identify new business opportunities that will drive development and long term growth.
- Manage and strengthen relationships with strategic partners and clients to increase income secured through planning meetings, organising and leading negotiations with stakeholders and examining and preparing documentation.
- Develop and implement appropriate processes and support systems to achieve the strategies and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Postgraduate qualifications in science or engineering, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Extensive experience in managing collaborative research projects.
- Experience in the preparation of written proposals and budgets for grant/tender applications.
- Evidence of the ability to facilitate collaborative links and partnerships in one or more of the professional, industry, research, government, or academic environments.
- Demonstrated expertise in working collaboratively with others and ability to develop collaborative work teams.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of partnerships with professional associations and domestic and/or overseas educational institutions and industry.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Virginie Hoareau, Tel: +61 3 522 72112, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 26 October, 2016
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.