Team Leader, Curriculum and Student Services
JOB ID: 160539
SALARY RANGE: $81,614 - $89,968 pa (plus 17% super)
HOURS OF DUTY: Full-time (36.75 hours per week)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Ongoing
LOCATION OF POSITION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
This position is responsible for coordination and delivery of effective, high-quality service for students and Academics as they relate to the student life-cycle, from admission to graduation. It plays a leading role in ensuring that course information and advice provided to students is current, consistent and timely.
- Manage academic programs administrative staff. Including responsibility for appointment, probation and review of processes to develop a work environment that fosters high achievement, continuous improvement of service and job satisfaction.
- Manage the implementation of a broad range of student and curriculum administration activities and projects, related to the student life-cycle; including admission, enrolment, timetabling, orientation, transition, progression, retention, complaints, examinations and graduation.
- Contribute, in conjunction with the School Executive Officer, to the establishment, implementation and review of administrative arrangements, which ensure the smooth operation of the School's student services.
- Provide high-level advice to the School Executive Officer and the Associate Head of School (Teaching and Learning) and manage the processes required in the facilitation of major course reviews, accreditations, reaccreditations and new course proposals.
- A tertiary degree and subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Broad administrative experience, preferably in the education sector.
- Demonstrated experience working in a large, complex organisation governed by policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or staff supervision experience.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Kim Jackson, School Executive Officer, Tel: +61 3 5227 2356, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 26 October, 2016
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.