Music and Sound Design Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The new Music and Sound Design program at UTS aims to develop student expertise in digital music and sound design using a variety of flexible and portable technologies. Emphasis is given to versatility in using different soft- and hard-ware as and when appropriate. UTS intends its music and sound design program to be internationally recognised and industry-relevant as a centre for excellence in teaching, production and research and the two advertised vacancies are crucial to attaining this goal.
UTS is seeking to appoint a Music and Sound Design Senior Lecturer. The appointee will be expected to make a significant contribution to the teaching, coordination and provision of the undergraduate program, maintain active research profiles, and attract high quality students into the Honours, Masters and PhD programs.
To be successful in applying for this role, you should have:
- a PhD / doctoral degree in relevant discipline
- the ability to demonstrate substantial knowledge of and experience in digital music and/or sound design and an ability to teach units in this area to undergraduate students with mixed levels of production experience
- a significant record of achievement in creative practice and/or publication related to digital music and/or sound design
- significant contributions to teaching at a tertiary level, with demonstrated experience with the development and delivery of curriculum and course materials for a variety of teaching modes including online and flexible delivery
- an Extensive publication record including publications in journals of international standing, experience with the preparation and submission of grant proposals, and contribution to research teams
- recognised contributions to the music and sound industries in terms of research outputs, community and professional engagement.
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range for Senior Lecturer: $117,906 to $131,743 pa (Level C)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing full-time basis.
How to Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC86744, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria. The Position Statement and selection criteria document can be found on our website by clicking on the apply link. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC86744.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Thursday 27th October at 11.59pm (AEST)
Interviews: Please note our scheduled date for interviews is Thursday 3rd November 2016.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.