Grant Development Coordinator
Faculty of Science
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Faculty of Science is recruiting a Grant Development Coordinator to develop and implement external funding strategies and funding pipelines.
The Faculty of Science is the fifth largest in terms of student enrolments and the largest in terms of research revenue of the seven faculties at UTS. It is also the second largest in terms of total academic and support staff.
You will work and support multiple key stakeholders across the Faculty and grow the scale of its research in the Faculty’s ambitious strategy to grow.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Faculty’s research and external engagement strategies, and research development activities
- Support the Faculty Research Engagement Manager to conduct market research to identify external funding bodies aligned with research capabilities across the Faculty
- Work with Team Leaders and other Faculty Research Leaders in support of the Research Development Manager and Faculty Research Engagement Manager to develop funding pipelines
- Balance requests and develop short- and long-term strategies to maximise engagement opportunities with alumni and prospects.
Main skills/experience required:
- Experience in the development of action/implementation plans strongly aligned to a broader strategic objective.
- Experience in building and managing effective relationships within a complex organisation.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: research engagement, Government or other external funding agencies, business development, innovation and corporate development, and/or external engagement in a University or similar organisation.
- Knowledge of research funding in Australia
- Familiarity with the tertiary education sector and current issues relevant to the higher education sector.
Base Salary Range: $83,177 to $92,014 pa (HEW 7)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a fixed term full-time basis for a period of 24 months.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply button to be taken to the advertisement on our careers page where you will find links with instructions on how to apply and the full position description.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 31st October 2016 at 11.59pm (AEST)