IPU New Zealand is an innovative tertiary institution situated on an attractive campus of 15.4 hectares on the outskirts of Palmerston North, New Zealand. Established in 1990, and operating for over 25 years, currently we have 450 students of 24 nationalities. All programmes are fully accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). IPU New Zealand offers a Bachelor of Contemporary International Studies (unique interdisciplinary programmes covering International Relations, Business Studies, Environmental Studies, and Language and Culture), Diploma of Japanese Studies, Trinity TESOL, a Graduate and Postgraduate Diploma of International Studies, English Certificates, Tourism Studies, and an interdisciplinary Master’s degree.
(BACHELOR OF CONTEMPORARY INTERNATIONAL STUDIES AND POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES)
We are looking for a highly motivated person who has a passion for global education. This significant leadership and management position at IPU New Zealand requires strong tertiary leadership and programme management skills.
Successful candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Suitable advanced degree (preferably at doctoral level)
- Successful tertiary teaching, research, and supervision experience
- Experience with development, implementation, and evaluation of degree programmes
- Working knowledge of administration processes, planning, reporting, budgets, and staff evaluation
- Able to provide strong academic and professional leadership, motivation, and direction
- Substantial business experience will be an advantage
- Experience working with tertiary education regulatory authorities (particularly in New Zealand)
- Intercultural experience, and awareness and sensitivity to other cultures’ values and practices
- Affiliation with various professional bodies
- Solid understanding of the New Zealand education system
- Ability to contribute to and work effectively with various groups, committees, and teams
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
This is a fixed term, full time position. A job description and person specification together with application details are available at IPU New Zealand’s website: ipu.ac.nz/employment
You might be someone currently in a tertiary academic leadership position such as an assistant dean, deputy head of department looking for the next step in your career. If you are keen to try living outside of the rat race (which is the city), or enjoy the outdoor pursuits, we would love to hear from you!
Please forward an application form, cover letter, and your curriculum vitae with the names and contact details of three referees by Friday 11 November 2016 to:
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
The Institute reserves the right not to make an appointment or to appoint by invitation.