The position of Executive Assistant (EA) to the General Manager Uni-Services is one of high responsibility, demanding a high degree of professional expertise and integrity.
• The EA will be responsible for the efficient functioning of the administration of the office of the department.
• The EA will be the information hub of the department. S/he is expected to maintain all records in an order that ensures organizational learning and going concern.
• The appointee will be responsible for performing the HR administer role for the department.
• This includes rising of the PRF, following on worker contract, liaising with the Main HR office for all the HR related concerns of the department. Ensure the implementation of the HR plans of the department.
• Ensuring the implementation of the FNU policy and procedures with the alignment with the ERP 2007.
• Ensuring of the payroll processing of workers’ pay.
• Conducting evaluations and produce analytical reports.
• Interaction with a range of internal and external contact including management, students, staff members and a number of government and non-government organizations.
• Record management.
• Consistent and constant follow ups on departmental concerns.
• Working with the operational supervisor and immediate supervisor for the identification of the weakness in the system and providing recommendation for improvement. Ensuring that the standard operating procedures are maintained such as stock takes etc.
• Key responsibilities includes overseeing the budget, equipment procurement, preparing/consolidating papers; maintaining staff database, maintaining leave and time-off records, looking into staff workload. Administration duties include taking minutes of meetings, staff attendance, organizing of meeting. Preform the provision of administrative and clerical support roles.
Applicants should have at least a good quality Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Economics / Management / Accounting / Statistics / IT / IS / Math’s OR a diploma with 3 years post Diploma work experience. Also, applicants should have at least one year post degree experience OR A Diploma with 3 years post- diploma work experience.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities would be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College/Division Office of the Vice Chancellor
Department Department of Administration
Location Nasinu - Valelevu