• Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and attainment of software and to protect vulnerable information.
• Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
• Write, develop and schedule standard reports requested by Senior Management.
• Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure; database backup, restore database, maintain and document backup and restore documentation, and other database related matters.
• Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases.
• Train users and answer questions.
• Establish and calculate ideal values for database parameters, using available resources such as manuals and calculator or computer software.
• Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
• Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
• Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing certain University databases to fit specific needs.
• Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
• Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
• Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
• Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.
• Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
• Review workflow charts developed by programmers to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
• Revise company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
• Implement best practices
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Information System, Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics, with proven work experience in a large organization dealing with SQL, MySQL, Access, Performance Tuning & Capacity Monitoring, Data Security, Backup & Recovery, Standby/Fail over Administration; SSRS / SSIS.
Ability to work under tight time frames and manage multiple projects at once.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities would be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College/Division Division of ICT
Department Department of MIS & Operations
Location Suva - Samabula