Fiji National University (FNU) is committed to contributing towards achieving sustainable livelihoods, open and democratic societies and maximizing the standard of living of the communities in Fiji and the Pacific through quality education and training.
The Uniservices division of FNU is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for student learning, and also the highest quality support services – including security, accommodation, cafeterias, fleet, bookshops, etc.
Ensure, as required, a high level of administrative and project support to the Transport Coordinator (including: drafting of responses to a variety of internal staff and external stakeholders and service providers; coordinate in the absent of Fleet Coordinator to ensure customer service needs are met.
Assist with the extensive supporting demands of the Transport Coordinator, and therefore having a high awareness of organizational and coordinating priorities;
Ensure that a high level of professionalism and support is provided at all times through a high degree of autonomy, trust and responsibility.
The Fleet Assistant will require the following:
Ability to communicate and liaise effectively at all levels and with people of diverse backgrounds;
• Capability to determine objectives for effective workflow management;
• Excellent organizational and time management abilities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Flexibility and a willingness to work as part of a team;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work autonomously taking direction as needed;
• Ability to plan and coordinate multiple tasks in a timely manner;
• Ability to independently solve a range of ad hoc and recurring problems; and
• Advanced computer skills (including MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel; and management systems).
Diploma in Transport Management /Business / Finance / Economics / Accounting / IT / IS / Business Management or related with 3 years of relevant work experience. The Fleet Assistant should have experience in fleet management or logistics, and general administrative experience, with exposure to working in similar environments. Previous experience in working in a university environment will also be highly regarded.
A Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Fleet Management or equivalent is desirable.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities would be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College/Division Office of the Vice Chancellor
Department Department of Uni Services