Assistant Professor in Painting
7 days left
- Full Time
Tracking Code 9708/J0616
Boston University seeks a painter, highly skilled in teaching at the foundation level, to join the faculty of the School of Visual Arts. Candidates may specialize in any aspect of painting and drawing. The ideal applicant will contribute a distinctive approach to painting with a teaching emphasis on foundational painting skills to a department committed to excellence in research and teaching and a firm commitment to the physical making of things. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the traditions of painting as well as a proven ability to teach the critical and conceptual frameworks of contemporary painting practice. Candidates must be willing and able to teach at any level in the school, in studio and seminar formats.
- Boston University offers excellent benefits and a faculty studio.
- Full time, non-tenure track, NASAD accredited program
- Starting Date: July 1, 2017
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
To apply please visit https://bucfa.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/33303.
- MFA required with a minimum of three years teaching experience, and a substantive national and/or international exhibition record.
- Must demonstrate a developed ability and keen interest in teaching painting at undergraduate levels.
- Committee and recruitment work are expected.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular