Assistant Professor in Painting
7 days left
- Full Time
Tracking Code 9709/J0616
Boston University seeks an interdisciplinary studio artist with a background in hybrid painting practices (intersecting with areas such as digital media, sculpture, printmaking, video, animation, etc.) to join the School of Visual Arts. The ideal applicant will contribute a distinctive and creative perspective on contemporary art practice and will join a Painting department committed to excellence in teaching and research with a firm commitment to the physical making of things. Candidate should have a wide-ranging knowledge of the traditions of their field and a proven ability to teach the critical and conceptual frameworks of visual art. The successful candidate could teach at any level in the school, both graduate and undergraduate, in studio and seminar formats.
- Full time, non-tenure track, NASAD accredited program
- Starting Date: July 1, 2017
- Boston University offers excellent benefits and a faculty studio.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
To apply please visit https://bucfa.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/33304.
- MFA required with a minimum of three years teaching experience, and a substantive national and/or international exhibition record.
- Must demonstrate a developed ability and keen interest in teaching painting at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- In addition to teaching and research, the candidate would participate on committees, advise students and assist with recruitment efforts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular