Marketing Communications Assistant
Marketing and Communications
Reference no. 1445/0816
- Opportunity to provide marketing and communications services
- Utilise your experience in implementing marketing and communications initiatives
- Full-time continuing, remuneration package: $82K–$91K p.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
Marketing and Communications is a professional service unit responsible for communicating the University’s values and messages in ways that target audiences – including prospective students, current students, staff, alumni, donors and external influencers – notice and understand, and which prompt them to action.
The Marketing Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting with execution of collateral, campaigns, content for the website and other communications channels including social media, and other relevant profile raising activities for their clients.
The Marketing Communications Assistant also supports faculty staff and the Marketing and Communications Division to ensure that marketing communications are integrated and brand aligned.
Position duties include:
- implementing marketing and communications initiatives in support of the Faculty’s reputation, student recruitment, alumni and development and external outreach objectives
- assisting with creating communications using different channels including newsletters, email, social media and web
- assisting with updating marketing content on relevant Faculty websites
- providing administrative and project support for marketing and communications activities and campaigns.
Position requirements include:
- a degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related discipline or demonstrated equivalent relevant professional experience
- experience editing copy written by others to ensure a publication, print or online, is of a standard that meets editorial requirements and objectives
- demonstrated ability to write high-quality communications and to tailor writing style for different audiences
- experience using social and digital media to reach and engage target audiences.
Remuneration package: $82,055 – $91,944 p.a. (which includes a base salary $69,338 – $77,693 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation).
This position is subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees. Membership of a University approved superannuation scheme is a condition of employment for new appointees.
All applications must be submitted via The University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 11:30pm 19 October 2016
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As The University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.