- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Stats Central is a recently established, centrally funded statistical consulting unit that will provides a university-wide service currently with five staff. Our core functions are: to provide statistical consulting to UNSW students and staff; develop and run a regular professional development workshop program; offer statistical support during grant writing; serve a support hub for statistical consultants around campus.
About the role
- $70K-$116K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term for two years
- Full-time or Part-time
We are seeking two statistical consultants to complement our team in our recently established university-wide statistical consulting unit, Stats Central. Consultants will be jointly responsible for delivering the core functions of the unit, which include professional development and grant writing support as well as one-on-one consultancy. All consultants will have the opportunity to specialise to assist researchers in areas of high demand.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have demonstrated experience communicating and collaborating with applied researchers lacking high-level statistical expertise, especially clinical trials experience.
- Previous experience working in a statistical consulting role desired
- A PhD in Applied Statistics or related discipline
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver short courses for applied researchers on statistical techniques.
- Ability to review research grants and journal articles from a statistical perspective.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Dr Nancy Briggs
T: 0435 579 163
Applications close: 22 October, 2016