Experienced General Accountant
Experienced General Accountant in the Finance and Administrative Process (FAP) Department, Accounting Services (ACC) Group, General Accounting (GA) Section.
You will join:
The Finance and Administrative Processes (FAP) Department which is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the financial resources and commitments of the Organization, ensuring compliance with financial rules and procedures of CERN.
The Accounting Services (ACC) Group which is responsible for all accounting transactions of the Organization and includes the following Sections: General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Personnel Accounting.
The General Accounting (GA) Section which is responsible for preparing the financial statements of the Organization, processing and controlling the accounting operations, and recording of assets and liabilities, ensuring compliance with the CERN Financial Rules & Regulations and IPSAS.
As Experienced General Accountant in the General Accounting Section, you will be part of a team of 7 people, and will assist in the following activities:
Book-closing and production of the Organization's financial statements.
Preparation of periodic reports.
Analysis of accounts and keeping of records.
Compliance with and optimisation of the accounting standards and procedures in force.
Analysis of problems, examination and implementation of new procedures and tools.
Record day-to-day accounting operations.
Document procedures and input on the definition of accounting policy.
Provide internal and external users with accounting information.
Master's in the field of accountancy, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
Several years of experience as a general accountant, ideally in a large industrial company or an international organisation.
Good knowledge of IFRS and/or IPSAS international accounting standards is required.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Personnel and material costs analysis and control.
- Financial reporting and analysis.
- Actuarial studies.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrating accountability: Working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English: ability to understand and speak English in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages. Ability to speak French would be a distinct advantage.
Eligibility and closing date
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 06.11.2016.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Professional Code / Code Professionnel
FAPCareer Path / Filière de Carrière
Grade 6 or 7