Hallmark Program Coordinator, Learning Focus Area
Hallmark Program Coordinator - Learning Focus Area Hub
- Utilise your coaching/mentoring skills to interact effectively with students from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Full Time continuing role at our Bundoora campus
- $107,663 - $124,140 per annum plus 17% superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
The Hallmark Program is designed for La Trobe University's high-achieving undergraduate students. The program provides students with a range of educational, career and professional development opportunities, mentoring and intensive coaching, research and enrichment opportunities. The program is designed to attract and retain students with high potential from a diversity of backgrounds.
Reporting to the Academic Director of the Learning Focus Area Hub, the Hallmark Program Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day running, management and development of the program. Supported by the Associate Lecturer (Hallmark Program) and staff within the Learning Focus Area Hub, the Hallmark Program Coordinator will lead the further evolution and implementation of the program.
In this role
In this role you will contribute to development and teaching the Hallmark subjects, developing and managing Hallmark-specific events throughout the year, and identifying and brokering relationships within the University and with external stakeholders that will be of benefit to Hallmark students.
The Coordinator will also work closely with Hallmark students in a mentoring/coaching capacity to identify career, educational and professional development opportunities, connect Hallmark students to enrichment activities around the University and with its partners, and will undertake administration primarily relating to the Hallmark Program. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and manage the running of high quality student-centred co-curricular enrichment opportunities;
- Provide mentoring and advice to students in relation to leadership and career development;
- Design, coordinate and teach subjects, including those in blended and online mode, which provide a high quality learning experience that engages undergraduate, honours and/or postgraduate students;
- Contribute to La Trobe's Scholarship of Teaching (SoLT) and disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research;
- Provide leadership and mentoring to others in subject or course level curriculum design and development and delivery of teaching;
- Conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and produce conference and seminar papers and publications resulting from that research.
You will possess demonstrated evidence of the following:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and implementing student-centred co-curricular and enrichment activities and events;
- Demonstrated ability to encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of high achieving students;
- Demonstrated record of success in designing, developing and delivering innovative curriculum and capacity to provide leadership at program level;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills plus interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams; and
- Demonstrated capacity to broker relationships within large complex organisations and with external stakeholders external organizations/agencies and/or the general public.
Closing date: 23 October 2016
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Chris Scanlon, Academic Director, Learning Focus Area Hub,
Phone: +61 (0) 3 9479 1041 or email:
Benefits: Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
This position is open to people with valid full-time working rights in Australia.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor on +61 (03) 9479 1623.