Senior Learning Advisor in Library
- Join a cross-campus Learning and Teaching Advantage Team
- Full-Time, continuing role, based at the Albury-Wodonga campus
- $71,257 - $77,131 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
This role will liaise with academic and research staff to build ongoing relationships to improve and develop library services. Work as part of a cross-campus Learning and Teaching Advantage Team in the Curricular Services Unit in the Learning and Teaching Portfolio. You will collaborate with College staff to promote, develop, deliver and evaluate library programs, resources and services embedded in the curriculum. Utilize yours skills to design and deliver information and digital literacy programs and services aligned with the Library's Learning and Teaching Partnership Framework. Work with a broader team in the development of online learning objects, activities and assessment that can be embedded in the curriculum and reused across discipline areas in blended and online learning environments. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop, deliver and evaluate learning and teaching services and programs for designated disciplines within the objectives of Library Learning and Teaching Partnership Framework;
- Consult with and provide expert advice across a range of learning and teaching services and collection resources to academic learning and teaching staff in designated disciplines;
- Investigate and identify innovative and emerging technologies to inform the development of online learning objects and take responsibility for outcomes;
- Apply specialist knowledge to plan and develop online learning objects and identify and prepare web-based content for library online resources and tools.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in library or information science or a combination of knowledge, training and experience;
- Knowledge and experience developing curriculum-specific library programs;
- Understanding of learning and teaching principles and the role of the library in the processes and workflows;
- The ability to build relationships with academic staff and researchers;
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
- The ability to innovate and take responsibility for the outcomes.
How to Apply
Closing date: 19 Wednesday October 2016
Position Enquiries: Bernadette Gargan, Coordinator, Learning and Teaching Advantage (Arts, Social Science & Commerce), Library. +613 9479 1915
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.