Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow, Silicon Quantum Computation
4 days left
- Full Time
The Australian Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation & Communication Technology is the world’s largest team working to develop a scalable spin based quantum computing architecture in silicon. Headquartered in Sydney, the Centre is renowned internationally for its pioneering research in atomic manipulation, atomic electronics, and high frequency cryogenic control of qubits in silicon. The Centre is expanding and offering unique research associate positions and PhD scholarships.
About the role
- AUD$98K-$137K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading and annual leave loading)
- Fixed Term 2 years with potential for extension to 3 years by mutual agreement
- Full time
This is a prestigious research position, which will provide an ambitious experimental scientist with a globally unique opportunity to design, characterize and measure qubit devices relevant to the development of a silicon-based quantum computer. The research includes the development of techniques for the detection and control of individual spins in silicon, the controlled coupling between them, and the coherent transport of quantum information. The experiments will involve the configuration and operation of high-frequency electronic apparatus compatible with cryogenic measurements.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- PhD (or equivalent) in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated internationally significant research in the area of quantum effects in nanostructured devices, mesoscopic physics and/or quantum transport.
- Significant experience with dilution refrigerators, and high frequency ultra-low noise electronics.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Michelle Simmons
T: (61 2) 9385 6313
Applications close: 31 October 2016 (AEST)