Senior Lecturer in Public Health and Community Medicine
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine (SPHCM) is internationally recognised as a leader in Public Health and Community Medicine with particular research strengths in Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases, Health Services Management, Global Health and Primary Health Care. The School has a core focus in research and teaching to help inform policy, governance, organisation, work and leadership in the health sector through cross disciplinary collaborations with both academia and industry. The School also has strong associations with research centres and institutes throughout UNSW Medicine.
About the role
- $119K - $137K plus 17% superannuation, leave loading and $32K clinical loading
- Tenure Track Appointment (3 years)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The School of Public Health and Community Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Lecturer in Primary Care to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to undergraduate teaching, including curriculum development and participating in research student supervision in primary care.
In addition, the successful applicant will also be required to be research active as well as make a contribution towards service and academic administrative functions within the School.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Post graduate qualification relevant to general practice/public health/community medicine.
- A medical degree; eligibility for registration as a medical practitioner in New South Wales and Fellowship of the RACGP (or equivalent, with vocational registration as a general practitioner).
- Experience in primary care or health services research
- A strong track record of achievement in independent research as evidenced by international/peer reviewed publications.
You are required to systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online, regrettably applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Raina MacIntyre, Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 3811
Applications close: 30 November 2016
More jobs like this
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Kensington
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Kensington
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Kensington