Post-Doctoral Associate in Mechanical Engineering
Tracking Code 9692/J0316
We are looking for a post-doctoral associate to develop a novel antibiotic susceptibility test based on nanotechnology. The position is in the Ekinci Group at BU Mechanical Engineering Department. General information about the group is available at www.bu.edu/nems
- Fabricate micro/nanofluidic devices in the cleanroom.
- Prepare biological samples in a cell culture lab.
- Perform measurements.
- Present results at conferences and publish manuscripts.
- PhD degree in Engineering, Physics or a related field required.
- A strong experimental background (e.g., in microfluidics, nanofabrication, sensitive metrology) desirable.
- Some experience with basic cell culturing techniques desirable.
- Familiarity with random phenomena and noise desirable.
- Excellent communication skills required.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCES WEBSITES.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following: (a) a cover letter, (b) a current CV and (c) contact information for three scientists familiar with your work. The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal on a yearly basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular