Assistant Coach, Men's and Women's Track & Field, Throws
The Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Track and Field – Throws is responsible for assisting in the: coaching and teaching of students, game and practice preparation and execution, compliance with NCAA, and conference rules/regulations.
- Demonstrating a high level of teaching and coaching competency in sport skill instruction, sport strategy, tactics and rules, physical training and fitness and student motivation in practice execution.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes; collaborating on academic monitoring and guidance of students where appropriate.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to the NCAA, SCIAC Conference, Caltech and the Department of Athletics and Recreation’s values statement, including sportsmanship on and off the field of play, positive leadership and the desire and ability to act as a positive role model and representative of the Institute at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including: writing, speaking, and listening.
- Contributing to the maintenance of excellent working relationships with all members of the Department and promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program on and off campus.
- Associate of Arts (AA) degree.
- Must secure and maintain valid driver license during employment.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of the sport.
- Knowledge of SCIAC & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain accurate attendance and other informational record keeping.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Each coaching staff member may be required to perform physical tasks such as:
-lifting, carrying, loading sport specific equipment;
-set up and tear down of sports contest support equipment;
-some care and maintenance of sport specific or general athletic facilities
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of relevant experience.
- CPR, AED, First Aid certifications preferred.
- Collegiate playing experience preferred.
- Organized coaching experience preferred.
- Teaching through digital images; creating and using emerging technologies.
- Experience coaching throwing events.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 01/07/2016
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law