This is an exciting opportunity to join York St John University to be part of an award winning team of horticulturists working within gardens kept to the highest of standards.
You will work on the University estate covering all campus sites, enhancing fine buildings including; the quadrangle on our Lord Mayors Walk Campus, modern award recognised buildings and newly acquired Sports Complex at Haxby Road.
Our well maintained grounds enhance the University Student, Staff and visitor experience.
You should have:
- experience of working as a Gardener in a professional capacity and in all aspects of grounds maintenance
- a good overall knowledge of horticulture
- be of a conscientious nature and be proficient in the use of pedestrian/ride-on grass cutting equipment and power hand tools such as brush cutters and hedge trimmers as well as traditional hand tools.
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- experience of working as part of a team
- It is desirable that candidates should hold a full clean driving licence also PA1 & PA6 certificates of competence.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including generous holiday entitlements, pension and salary sacrifice scheme eg childcare vourcers, with plenty of extra benefits, such as discounted membership to our sports and leisure facilities.
Please note that CVs are not accepted in place of the application form.
To apply please click on the apply button below to complete the online application form.
Interviews will be held on 15th November 2016
Closing Date: 30 Oct 2016