Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Fixed Term, full-time
The School of Engineering and Computer Science at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand’s top ranked research University is seeking to expand its engineering programme. We are a School that prides itself on its collegiality and multidisciplinary collaborations with many of New Zealand’s top ranked research clusters. This is an opportunity for you to develop your career at a quality institution in one of the most liveable cities in the World.
We are looking to recruit a Postdoctoral Fellow for a one year fixed term position to work as a member of the Evolutionary Computation Research Group within the School of Engineering and Computer Science. The Postdoctoral Fellows will be able to conduct high quality research in Genetic Programming, Evolutionary Image Analysis, Evolutionary Feature Selection/Construction, Evolutionary Learning (classification, generalisation and transfer learning) and Evolutionary Scheduling, and contribute to the teaching in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science. The Postdoctoral Research Fellows will be required to work with other members of the Evolutionary Computing Research Group within the School in a pro-active, co-operative and collegial manner.
Preference will be given to candidates with a strong Evolutionary Computing background, particularly in Genetic Programming, Evolutionary Image Analysis, Evolutionary Feature Reduction in Classification and Scheduling, and Machine Learning and Generalisation.
- A PhD in Evolutionary Computation or Computational Intelligence. A PhD in evolutionary computation particularly genetic programming and evolutionary image analysis and machine learning is preferred
- Evidence of a good research and publication track record in genetic programming, evolutionary image analysis, and transfer learning over the last five years
- Proven ability to teach in one or more areas of computer science including Artificial Intelligence
- Good written and oral communications skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills.
Contact: Professor Mengjie Zhang | Tel +64 4 463 5654 | Email Mengjie.Zhang@vuw.ac.nz – please do not send applications to Prof. Zhang.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
For more information and to apply online visit http://www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers
Applications close 30 October 2016.