Peer Leaders - multiple casual positions
Centre for University Teaching and Learning
- Open to current Murdoch University students in their 2nd year or above.
- $30.65 per hour and 9.5% superannuation
- Ref: 0751A01/201697
PASS is a free, voluntary academic assistance program that uses peer-led group study to help students succeed in challenging subjects.
PASS sessions are facilitated by PASS Leaders - senior students who have excelled in the subject in the past. Sessions provide a valuable opportunity for students to seek help and advice in a friendly, relaxed environment.
Due to the success of the PASS program an opportunity has arisen for current Murdoch Students, in their second year of study or above, to work as Casual Peer Leaders. The primary purpose of the role is to facilitate student learning by engaging in activities including:
- Leading peer assisted study sessions
- Attending a proportion of lectures in the targeted unit
- Actively promote the program through marketing events and presentations in lectures
- Liaise with unit coordinators, program supervisors and students to ensure effective communication
- Participate in professional development
- Conduct record keeping and administrative tasks as required
Skills and Experience
Applicants will be selected based on the following selection criteria
- Successfully completed the targeted unit BMS101, BMS107, BUS130, BIO152, CHE140, CHE144, MAS162, MAS183, PSY101 and PSY173. (or currently undertaking it with an expectation of successful completion) preferably with a Distinction or above grade
- A 3.0 grade point average or better.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work with minimal direction and as part of a team
- A willingness to go the extra mile for the success of the program and to assist student learning.
It is also desirable that applicants have some knowledge of the PASS program, and particularly PASS@Murdoch.
Please submit your application via the Apply Now button below ,including a cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the above selection criteria, a CV and a copy of your academic results.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Pamela Martin-Lynch, Centre for University Teaching and Learning, on (08) 9360 2519 or PASS@murdoch.edu.au
Closing date: 31 October 2016 (11:59pm)