Manager, Strategy and Performance
6 days left
- Full Time
Research and Innovation Division
Research and Innovation Services
Job Ref No: 3142
Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle (UON) has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within our regions, throughout Australia and across the globe. This is an exciting time to be part of the University of Newcastle as we embark on our NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025. We are building on strong foundations to realise our 2025 vision to stand as a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. Being part of a university on the move gives our people the opportunity to really make a mark in their chosen field.
The Research and Innovation Division promotes and enhances the University's strong and vibrant research culture by attracting, training and supporting researchers and industry partnerships to solve real-world problems.
Research and Innovation Services supports the University's research performance and profile by efficient and effective research administration and the provision of high level administrative and infrastructure research support activities.
The Research and Innovation Division at UoN has created a new team that will create, implement and manage business intelligence, reporting and data to inform the development of critical enterprise strategies and initiatives relating to research growth and performance. The Strategy and Performance team will be responsible for acquiring and transforming data into meaningful, actionable information, providing this to stakeholders across the University, and developing and implementing strategic initiatives in line with the University's New Futures strategic plan.
About the role
This role provides strong leadership of the Strategy and Performance team by creating a results focussed environment and ensuring the provision of accurate and timely advice and quality service to customers and stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the portfolios of Brand and Reputation, Impact and Quality and Strategic Initiatives;
- Have strong skills and expertise in strategy development, stakeholder engagement, business intelligence/data analysis and governance principles and requirements;
- Plan, direct, implement and evaluate the Research Strategy and Performance team's activities;
- Establish and maintain consultative relationships with key stakeholders;
- Ensure appropriate principles, policies and processes are in place to deliver a contemporary best practice service; and
- Lead and manage a cross-operational team charged with the responsibility of servicing the wider Division.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Post graduate qualifications; or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing broad strategies to achieve specific research objectives.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research processes, demonstrating ability to understand the importance of research and the methods, practice and application of research.
- Critical appraisal skills and the ability to turn data, business intelligence and research into clear robust conclusions that underpin recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write high level proposals and reports.
- Ability to build and develop relationships and mutually beneficial partnerships across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to lead and manage diverse cross-operational teams to deliver exceptional performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace obligations to, and experience in leading and cultivating workplace practices and behaviours that promote, support and maintain a safe, healthy, equitable, diverse and respectful workplace; including responding appropriately to adverse accidents, incidents, behaviours, issues, reports and the like
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 10 - $115,095 plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
For additional information on the position contact Lyn McBriarty on 02 4921 5300
Applications close: Wednesday 12 October 2016.
For more information about the position including selection criteria please click the 'Apply for this job' button below or go to
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE
VALUES EQUITY AND DIVERSITY