Manager Quality & Accreditation
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR & PRESIDENT
Pacific Technical and Further Education (Pacific TAFE)
Recruiting for Excellence
The University of the South Pacific is one of only two regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage high-impact research and publications.
We have over 30,000 students, spread over 14 Campuses, across 33 million square kilometers of ocean. The USP is owned and supported by 12 Pacific Island countries. We are committed to leaving a lasting legacy for all of these countries by developing their leaders of tomorrow. With a six-year strategic plan (2013-2018) we have significant ambitions for the future and we need great leaders to achieve them.
The School/The Section
From 2017, Pacific Technical and Further Education (Pacific TAFE) of USP will be a strategically amalgamated and integrated learning and teaching section under 2013 to 2018 Strategic Plan offering high quality skills based qualifications, Foundation & Preliminary programmes and short term trainings. The new structure involves the merger of College of Foundation Studies and existing Pacific Technical and Further Education. The section will have three Colleges’ which will provide programmes for pathways to higher studies, employment opportunities and career advancement. Workforce Development Training Unit (WDTU) will continue to offer short term trainings and certifications for up-skilling purpose. The two support units will be Corporate Services and Quality & Accreditation.
The appointee will work under the direction of and be accountable to Director Pacific. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall maintenance and improvement of the quality of existing programmes, facilitating the development of new programmes as per approved processes and securing external accreditation.
The Manager Quality & Accreditation will ensure that the quality assurance committees (Industry Programme Advisory Committee (IPAC), Board of Studies (BOS), Standards & Quality Committee (SQC)) are convened on yearly basis based on the set terms of reference. The outcomes of these meetings must be submitted to the Academic Programmes Committee (APC) and Teaching Quality Committee (TQC) respectively. The outcomes requiring major amendments and approval of new programmes will be submitted to the Senate via endorsement of APC or TQC whichever is applicable.
The incumbent will also ensure that audits, reviews and employability surveys are conducted for programmes as per Pacific TAFE’s plan. The labour market needs survey must be conducted on a periodic basis for the development of new programmes and to determine the relevancy of existing ones. External accreditation will include identifying relevant accrediting bodies and pursuing the process to obtain accreditation. The incumbent will ensure the compliance measures of external accreditation are met and obtain re-accreditation of existing externally accredited programmes.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Assurance /Education/Business Management or a related field and extensive relevant experience;
- Certification in quality management or quality assurance;
- At least 3 years of experience (collated) in coordinating quality management preferably in a higher education environment;
- Proven record of obtaining international accreditation of programmes/product;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating quality assurance committees and service as secretariat;
- Good understanding of quality management processes in a higher education institution;
- Working experience with international accrediting agencies and higher education regulators in the region;
- Ability to organise and host site audits;
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on executive management team that provides leadership and direction to the organisation;
- Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning;
- Working knowledge of project management.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- good organisational and time management skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- ability to work under less supervision;
- give attention to details;
- flexibility and adaptability;
- discretion and an understanding of confidential issues.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Band 3 FJ $59, 813 to FJ $78, 700 per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
Enquiries: Mr. Hasmukh Lal, Director Pacific TAFE; tel.: (679) 32 31223; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 4 November 2016
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Manual applications are no longer accepted.
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.