3 days left
- Full Time
Finance Planning Unit
Recruiting for Excellence
The University of the South Pacific is one of only two regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. We have over 28,000 students, spread over 14 Campuses, across 33 million square kilometers of ocean. The USP is owned and supported by 12 Pacific Island countries. We are committed to leaving a lasting legacy for all of these countries by developing their leaders of tomorrow. With a six-year strategic plan (2013-2018) we have significant ambitions for the future and we need great leaders to achieve them.
The Finance Section is one of the main administrative sections of the University and provides all financial services for the University. It aims to be a strategic financial enabler for the University and the leader in best financial practice in the region. It has three main streams: Management Accounting, Strategic Support and Financial Planning & Financial Operational Services. The work in the section is characterised by a high level of professionalism and efficiency. We are looking for a brilliant leader who will be a great player in this journey
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst within the Strategic Support and Financial Planning Unit in the Finance Section who will report directly to the Team Leader Financial Planning.
The incumbent will support and advise the Team Leader Financial Planning by managing and coordinating all financial planning systems and disciplines across the University. In addition, she/he will be responsible to assist with the compilation and consolidation of the University’s Strategic and Annual Plans (budgets) and analytical works and assist and advise the Manager Financial Planning in planning, managing and maximising value and use of the University’s financial resources.
The role also requires the incumbent to be able to prepare relevant financial analytical and planning reports, and provide accurate and timely financial advice when required. She/he will be expected to consult with stakeholders to discuss financial, planning and budgetary aspects of their operations, particularly liaise with relevant units on the compliance with policies and procedures of the University.
The Person We Seek
Applicants with the following will be considered for the position:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards post graduate qualifications in Finance or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience OR an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
- Extensive experience in financial planning, analytical works and budgeting in a large and complex organisation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of the financial planning and system developments context within which the University operates and best practice;
- Work experience in a computerised General Ledger environment;
- High level of MS Word, Excel and spreadsheet skills;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- High standard of personal integrity and knowledge of business ethics;
- Ability to interpret and analyse financial documents;
- Capable of producing high quality reports;
- Personal leadership and have the ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritise multiple projects;
- Self-motivated, team player and change-oriented
Preference will be given to applicants with:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related field with extensive relevant experience; Professional Membership or working towards full membership of a relevant professional accounting body (CPA Australia, FIA, CIMA UK) and; demonstrated evidence of vast knowledge of the financial planning and system developments context within which the University operates.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Band 2 FJ $48, 388 to FJ $58, 066 per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
Enquiries: Lusiani Biukoto; tel.: (679) 32 32797; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 28 October 2016
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Manual applications are no longer accepted.
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.