Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
SALARY RANGE: $133,274 - $146,692 pa (plus 17% super)
HOURS OF DUTY: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Ongoing
LOCATION OF POSITION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The Associate Professor will provide outstanding research and academic leadership in the areas of Civil Engineering with particular focus on Infrastructure or Construction or Structural Engineering. The appointee will promote the School and establish and maintain links and partnerships with the academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School and Faculty’s research, teaching program development and relevant service activities.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
The appointee is responsible for:
- The provision of academic leadership
- Program and course development, maintenance and delivery, ensuring relevance and curriculum quality.
- Teaching, research, scholarly publication and the generation of research funding
- The ongoing development of the School and Faculty, including the establishment and nurturing of industry links, partnerships and local and international recruitment.
- Supervising honours and postgraduate students, ensuring successful and timely completions
- Contributing to the administration of the School, Faculty and University
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Extensive experience as a productive member of a research team
- A track record of publication in highly ranked international academic journals
- A successful track record in winning nationally competitive and/or industry research funding
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation
- Demonstrable academic leadership and professional expertise in one or more of Infrastructure or Construction or Structural Engineering
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Carol Boyle, Tel: +613 5247 9356, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 30 October, 2016
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/careers-at-deakin/your-employer-of-choice
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.