Hub Project Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Faculty of Science.
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
As part of the ARC Industrial Transformation Research Hub, the School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences is recruiting a Hub Project Manager that is co-funded by the University of Technology Sydney and University of South Australia. The Hub Project Manager will successfully lead the operational objectives of the Hub with substantial responsibilities in financial management and reporting, and assisting with managing confidentiality and IP issues.
Furthermore, the Hub Directors (IDEAL) at UTS and the University of South Australia have specific responsibilities around outreach for the grant. The Hub Project Manager will facilitate and support the Hub Directors in terms of planning, coordinating and ensuring the quality of various outreach events and activities in coordination with the Hub Industry Partners.
- Manage the delivery of the Industry Hub project including coordination of the multiple partner research teams, project plan implementation, delivery of project activities and milestones, impact assessment and associated commercialisation processes.
- Establish systems and processes for tracking, reporting and evaluating programs.
- Manage enquiries to the Industry Hub by providing accurate information in response to enquiries to ensure prompt responses and maintain the professional image of UTS and UniSA.
- Design and review in conjunction with Hub Directors the preparation of project written materials, including contracts, project management processes and documentation, intellectual property (IP) management, presentations and communication materials.
- Provide specialist advice to the Faculty on high profile strategic partnerships relevant to the grant
- Develop and document project plans, business cases, scoping documents, implementation plans and communication plans, evaluation documents as required.
Main skills/experience required:
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to effectively work with a diverse range of stakeholders, resolve conflicts and negotiate successful outcomes both internally and externally.
- High-level skills in large scale and complex project management with demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets, activity planning, outcome reporting and evaluation.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and ability to contribute to continuous improvement in operations, processes and service delivery.
- Proven ability to be innovative, adaptable, flexible and commercially-responsive in an environment of change and competing priorities.
- Broad understanding of the university’s educational, administrative and financial functions
Base Salary Range: $93,574 to $106,571 pa (HEW 8)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
This appointment will be on a fixed term full-time basis for a period of 60 months.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply button to be taken to the advertisement on our careers page where you will find links with instructions on how to apply and the full position description.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th October at 11.59pm (AEST)