Tenure-Track Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 13th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities and ranked 6th globally for Engineering and Technology. The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is one of the largest mechanical and aerospace engineering schools in the world. With well-established industry partnerships, MAE provides an active and vibrant research environment with excellent R&D infrastructure and numerous opportunities for research funding. The school has an enrolment of over 2500 undergraduate students with over 120 faculty members and 140 full-time research staff working in well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories. A growing research student population of over 400 is also actively engaged in strategic research and development work.
MAE also hosts the Maritime Institute@ NTU (MI@NTU). The institute is a focal point for maritime R&D and education, championing maritime science and technology development. It leverages on NTU’s established interdisciplinary strengths in this broad field and actively collaborates with the maritime industry on R & D projects. MI@NTU works closely with the Singapore Maritime Institute (SMI) on many SMI funded research projects which have industrial relevance and applications for the maritime and offshore companies. To reach out to the industry, MI@NTU draws on the many active partnerships that NTU has formed with leading maritime and offshore companies to develop innovative technologies for the marine and offshore sector through government and company funded projects. Please visit the link to find out more on MI@NTU: http://mi.ntu.edu.sg/Pages/Home.aspx
The School invites highly qualified candidates with expertise in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering to join its dynamic team of faculty.
- Possess relevant Bachelor and PhD degrees from reputable universities.
- Relevant postdoctoral research experience and relevant teaching experience would be advantageous.
- Possess a relevant PhD degree from a reputable university.
- A strong track record of relevant teaching experience, as well as evidence of research, scholarship and leadership in curriculum development work.
Successful candidates are expected to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, supervise graduate students and undergraduate projects. Candidates on tenure-track Assistant Professorship would also be expected to acquire research funding, conduct research in naval architecture and marine engineering and to work closely on research projects under the Maritime Institute @ NTU.
Salary will be competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package. Information on emoluments and general terms and conditions of service is available at http://www.ntu.edu.sg/NSS/NSSHumanResources/Pages/General-Terms-for-Faculty-Positions.aspx
Information about the School can be obtained at www.mae.ntu.edu.sg/.
- Please logon to the following webpage for full details on faculty application guidelines.
- Please send your detailed CV and completed Personal Particulars Form to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating clearly the position and area you are applying for.
- Candidates may apply for both Assistant Professor and Senior Lecturer positions.
- Providing your ResearcherID or ORCID will prove advantageous.
Application remains open until the positions are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.