Full Professorship in Aerospace Engineering
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 13th globally. It is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities and ranked 6th globally for Engineering and Technology.
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is ranked 13th in the world (QS Subject ranking 2015). With well-established industry partnerships with prominent companies such as Rolls-Royce, General Electric, Pratt & Whitney and Singapore Airlines, MAE provides an active and vibrant research environment with excellent R&D infrastructure and numerous opportunities for research funding. The school has an enrolment of over 2500 undergraduate students with over 110 faculty members and 140 full-time research staff working in well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories. A growing research student population of over 400 is also actively engaged in strategic research and development work.
The School strongly encourages highly qualified candidates with expertise in Aerodynamics, Aeroelasticity, Propulsion, UAV, or Aircraft Design to apply for this senior position. The selected candidate should preferably commence the appointment before July 2017.
- Possess relevant Bachelor and PhD degrees in Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- Possess a proven track record of teaching achievements including leadership in curriculum development and learning resources in Aerospace Engineering, with a minimum of 10 years’ teaching experience with an engineering school.
- Possess a strong research publication record with demonstrated leadership in conducting inter-disciplinary research and collaboration with industry is essential.
- Experience with the related industry and/or academic administration will be advantageous.
The successful candidate is expected to assume a leadership role for the Aerospace Engineering (AE) programme, one of the top 10 most popular degree programmes for top students in Singapore in 2015. He/She is expected to mentor and motivate junior professors to help propel our AE research to the next level. He/She should possess in-depth understanding of Aerodynamics, Aeroelasticity, Propulsion, UAV, Aircraft Design or related topics, and upcoming trends in the aircraft industry.
- An active and vibrant research environment
- Excellent R&D infrastructure and opportunities for research funding
- Well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories
- Attractive research start-up grants and PhD student scholarships
- A competitive remuneration package and attractive benefits
Information about the School can be obtained at http://www.mae.ntu.edu.sg
Please logon to the following webpage for full details on faculty application guidelines.
Please send your detailed CV and completed Personal Particulars Form to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating clearly the position and area you are applying for.
Application remains open until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.