Graduate Research Business Partner
1 day left
- Full Time
Research and Innovation Division
UON Graduate Research
Job Ref No: 3159
Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle (UON) has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within our regions, throughout Australia and across the globe. This is an exciting time to be part of the University of Newcastle as we embark on our NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025. We are building on strong foundations to realise our 2025 vision to stand as a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. Being part of a university on the move gives our people the opportunity to really make a mark in their chosen field.
About the opportunity
UON Graduate Research is responsible for building, shaping and implementing initiatives to develop the next generation of research leaders at UON; and for the management of Higher Degree Research (HDR) activities within the University, including the administration of HDR rules and policies; compliance with relevant university and external regulatory requirements; and maintaining the highest ethical standards in research higher degree training.
The Graduate Research Business Partner is responsible for a portfolio of administrative and policy work that supports all research higher degree candidates from their commencement through to the completion of their degree. This role will partner with Faculty representatives and provide advice, support and guidance directly related to HDR Programs and services. You will engage with academic and professional colleagues, students and overseas institutions on matters relating to HDR programs, by providing advice and high level administrative assistance.
The position also provides the opportunity to contribute to the Graduate Research strategic planning process and outcomes, as well as foster a culture of innovation and continuous service improvement by regularly reviewing activities, process and systems, and making recommendations to optimise performance.
Skills and experience
We are seeking a talented Business Partner with:
- a degree with at least 4 years' subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
- excellent written, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, including the ability to build rapport, manage difficult conversations, as well as effectively engage with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders;
- demonstrated high level of computer literacy with ability and willingness to embrace new technologies, develop and use reporting capabilities and identify opportunities for systems-based process improvements;
- demonstrated capacity to work within a team and achieve divisional and organisational goals in an environment of competing demands; and
- demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement as the basis for service delivery.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 7 - $ 81,847 to $92,077 plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Applications close: Thursday 27 October 2016
For more information about the position including selection criteria please click the 'Apply for this job' button below or go to
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE
VALUES EQUITY AND DIVERSITY