Academic Director – Clinical Practice
- Full Time
About the School of Nursing
QUT’s School of Nursing produces highly regarded professional nurses through the full range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses from Bachelor to PhD. The School is well recognised for its outstanding research programs, with an excellent track record in competitive research funding, publications, and translation of research outcomes.
Health services research is a priority for QUT and the real world emphasis of Nursing’s research and the success of its world class researchers have had significant impacts on policy and practice.
About the position
Are you looking for a leadership opportunity in Clinical Education? QUT Nursing is seeking applicants with considerable academic leadership and management experience in clinical education, who will be able to provide strategic and operational leadership with respect to the School’s clinical placement program. A key focus of the role will be development of innovative approaches to clinical education to ensure the School’s programs prepare graduates for the future of health care.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development and delivery of the Clinical Education program within the Nursing courses.
- Provide leadership in the operationalisation of the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate Clinical Education programs.
- Oversee the Clinical Budget for the School
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with industry and professional bodies to facilitate quality clinical placements for students
- Assist with the design, implementation and review of the Clinical Practice components of the Nursing programs
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to the Clinical Education program within the Nursing courses to ensure high quality student experiences and efficiencies in program delivery.
- Contribute to teaching and research within the School of Nursing particularly in relation to clinical education.
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in the relevant discipline area or equivalent accreditation or standing and eligibility to register as a registered nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority.
- Proven teaching experience with the ability to embed innovative approaches to learning and teaching, including curriculum design.
- Proven leadership that contributes to a high performing and collaborative teaching team and culture.
- Demonstrated contribution to research/scholarship in clinical education.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise postgraduate students in the area of clinical education.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with industry and professional bodies to facilitate quality clinical placements for students.
Type of appointment
This appointment will be offered on an ongoing, full-time basis.
Salary and Benefits
The classification for this position is Academic Level C which has an annual salary range of $109,344 to $126,097.
Beyond personal and professional fulfilment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. With competitive remuneration and 17% superannuation, the University offers real and generous benefits.
QUT is a high quality and flexible organisation that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Reduced working year scheme
- Parental leave provisions
- Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance
- Comprehensive professional development
- Salary Packaging
Further benefits can be found at the Working at QUT page.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply, please visit www.qut.edu.au/jobs for reference number 16409.
When applying for this position we encourage you to upload your response to the selection criteria.
Applications close 21 October 2016