Lecturer, Teaching Focused – Public Relations
Position Number: 3512530
Tenure: Continuing, full-time
Salary Range: $97,076 - $115,277 (ALB)
Description: Curtin Business School joins the global elite with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation.
We believe that investing in dedicated people and their ideas will make tomorrow better.
With this in mind, the School of Marketing is offering a Lecturer, Teaching Focussed opportunity within the discipline of public relations.
This excellent opportunity will allow you to make significant contributions to teaching and learning. Your accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Developing an understanding of the student learning experience through a commitment to high quality, effective teaching practice.
- Incorporating research, scholarship and professional practice into teaching activities and a commitment to teaching and innovation.
- Innovative curriculum design and development of learning materials in collaboration with other colleagues.
You will also utilise your strong industry links and contribute to building the School’s profile internally and externally.
To be successful, you will need:
- A relevant doctoral qualification OR a relevant Master degree AND professional qualifications and experience in public relations equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality teaching and learning outcomes at a tertiary level, specifically within the public relations discipline.
- A strong understanding of pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice relevant to the discipline.
- An emerging record of contribution to scholarship in teaching.
Benefits and Remuneration: The salary ranges presented are those which are contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17 percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.
Contact Person: Nigel de Bussy, Head of School, School of Marketing, on telephone 08 9266 4028 or email email@example.com
Clayton Dias, School Business Manager, School of Marketing, on telephone 08 9266 4028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action: Curtin University embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics, international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for indigenous people. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace, therefore, if you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
Submit Application: To submit an application, click on the Apply Now button.
Disclaimer: Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at anytime.
Applications Close: 5 pm, Friday 21 October 2016