Professor of the Practicein PK-12 Educational Leadership
4 days left
- Full Time
The School of Education at Boston University seeks to hire a full-time, non-tenure track Professor of the Practice in PK-12 Educational Leadership. This position will support, through teaching, research, and service:
- the Ed.M. programs in PK-12 Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- the re-development and implementation of the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership
- the Boston University Global Educational Leadership Program for current and aspiring education leaders in emerging 21st century economies
- the Creative Educational Leadership Institute, a 16-credit certificate program for current and aspiring education leaders in public and independent schools, and in community-based organizations that serve young people
This position begins July 1, 2017. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Earned doctorate in a field relevant to PK-12 educational leadership
- Extensive successful experience as a senior level PK-12 educational leader, preferably as a superintendent, and preferably in an urban setting
- Experience teaching graduate students
- Record of achievement in closing opportunity and achievement gaps
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Applicants can apply for this position by submitting the following through https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8014:
- Cover letter explaining suitability for position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference
- One to three samples of scholarship
- Unofficial copies of graduate transcripts
Review of applications begins November 15, 2016, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Robert J. Weintraub, (email@example.com).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States