Clinical Associate Professor in Mathematics Education
The School of Education at Boston University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track Clinical Associate Professor position in the Mathematics Education Program. We are particularly interested in candidates who have a strong background in teacher education at the secondary level.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Mathematics Education; maintaining a productive program of scholarly research and publication in mathematics education commensurate with promotion criteria in the clinical rank; advising undergraduate and graduate students; and providing service to the school, university and community through outreach and professional development.
This position begins July 1, 2017. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Earned doctorate in mathematics education or a closely related academic area
- A program of research and publications focused on mathematics education
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- At least three years of secondary school teaching (grades 6-12)
- History of effective college or university teaching experience and/or field supervision
- Willingness to teach in our online masters program
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
Applicants should submit the following documents electronically to https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8011:
- Cover letter explaining suitability for position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference
- Two samples of scholarship
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Review of applications will begin November 18, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee, Dr. Suzanne Chapin (email@example.com).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston , Massachusetts, United States