Associate Professor in Engineering
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
$131,219 - $144,557 pa Level D
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Work in the Construction and Management program
- Do you have an engineering research passion?
- Apply your expertise!
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
We are seeking an Associate Professor to join our Faculty of Engineering, one of the best in Australia and renowned worldwide for the quality of our teaching, research and the calibre of our graduates.
As the successful candidate, you will be expected to have a research focus in the area of construction and management related issues, with broader experience in the building, construction and engineering sector. The department is looking to build on existing and strategic research strengths of the faculty, including advanced visualization, virtual and augmented reality. An important element of this role is leading our Construction and Management program.
You will be a dynamic and flexible individual possessing a strong teamwork ethic and presence with sound communication skills, enabling you to collaborate with students through to senior stakeholders and industry partners. Your demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to education excellence together with an industry-relevant research passion will ensure your success in this visionary role.
To be considered you will have:
- a research doctorate in engineering construction and management or a related discipline
- experience in leading industry/government engagement and/or relevant research
- a sustained and outstanding high impact journals publication record in the engineering construction and management or related discipline
- a proven record attracting and successfully supervising post-graduate students
- an established research profile with significant success in securing private and public research funding
- a history of outstanding academic leadership through an exemplary teaching record.
You will work with the highest calibre of staff and students in a collaborative and stimulating environment with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure, be recognised and rewarded for your expertise, and have the opportunity to make significant contributions to this esteemed faculty.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Professor Jeffrey Walker, Head Civil Engineering Department, +61 3 9905 9681
Sunday 6 November 2016, 11.55pm AEDT