This position is responsible supporting the advancement of CSU Online goals and daily operations through the use of application and database development, data systems management, data reporting and report development, along with outstanding customer service. This position will work with staff across the organization to support business applications and processes, enhance existing applications, expand reporting capabilities, and ensure applications perform as expected.
This position relies on both technical capability (troubleshooting, analysis, software development, and administration) as well as functional capability (effective and efficient communication, documentation, technical support, and training). Hands-on software development, and implementation of business logic is critical to the success of this position.
The right candidate will contribute to a dynamic environment and work closely with other members of the Research & Analytics team, which is comprised of database engineers, web and applications developers, instructional designers, and learning analysts, to develop cutting-edge solutions for database applications, business intelligence and learning analytics, data visualization, and digital reporting tools.
Some after-hours and weekend work is required. This position reports to the Manager of Information Technology for CSU Online.
Required Job Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or closely-related field from an accredited institution.
- Evidence of effective written communication skills.
- Evidence of personal initiative and ability to independently pursue solutions.
- At least two years professional experience in the following:
- Development of advanced SQL and T-SQL statements, stored procedures, queries, and triggers to support data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Development and administration of SQL Server environment; 2008 or higher.
- Implementation of online and database-driven applications and services including experience providing technical and business process support.
- Monitor and manage user access and security to database applications and data reporting tools.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Application development in Microsoft Access and Office.
- Experience with managing data in a Higher Education environment.
- Report development and administration using SQL Server Reporting Services or other online reporting solution.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and deadlines, as well as communicate task and project progress to organization staff.
- Software development using Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Experience with CRM applications (e.g., SalesForce).
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category
Application and Database Administration
- Support business operations through the creation, enhancement, and ongoing support of SQL Server tables, views, stored procedures, queries, SQL jobs, ETL processes, SSIS packages, SSRS reports, and the applications that use them.
- Support the use of Salesforce CRM application, including data flows and ETL processes.
- Support and enhance line-of-business applications built on Microsoft Access database.
- Maintain and administer multiple database servers; including installation, maintenance, upgrade, performance optimization, security management and testing, and integration with external applications or services.
- Conduct functional, performance, and security testing of databases and related applications.
- Develop and support data integration, integrity, security, and system performance across information systems using good database design techniques, system monitoring, security auditing, and data analysis.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans for internal and cloud based servers.
Percentage Of Time
Job Duty Category
- Provide technical and non-technical support for internal systems and CSU Online staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Percentage Of Time
Special Instructions to Applicants
References will not be contacted without the prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Siobhan Venman at email@example.com, (970) 492-4718
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.