Faculty Research Accountant
- Fixed-Term Opportunity in Health and Medical Sciences Finance
- Research Intensive Faculty
- World Class Researchers
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences. The Faculty of Health Sciences has an annual budget turnover of over $120 million that serves a client base of approximately 3000 students, 700 academic and professional staff and 1400 clinical and affiliate practitioners. Professional support services such as Learning and Teaching, Research and Business is supported and led by the Faculty Office, under the direction of the Faculty Executive Director.
The School is seeking to appoint a Faculty Research Accountant who will be responsible for providing the delivery of a range of professional management accounting services, which supports the research functions and requirements of the Faculty and Schools. Your experience in taking the initiative and producing results will support the daily financial business planning, analysis, advice and reporting for the Faculty's research accounting as well as developing and monitoring tied research related budgets. The benefits of this position include specialist experience in a research intensive Faculty, providing customer service to world-class researchers and being a part of the contribution to a strategic review for continuous improvement of Faculty financial business processes for tied research funds.
Salary: (HEO6) $73,122 - $79,173 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% or 17% will apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 15 December 2017.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in the collection, analysis and reporting of financial data and the provision of specialist financial advice to key stakeholders
- Experience in undertaking detailed accounting and financial analysis to prepare reports, using data from a variety of information sources
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing budgets and undertaking investigations that support the delivery of sound accounting solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of current financial legislation, regulations and accrual accounting principles, standards, policies, guiding referencing documents and practices
- Demonstrated experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver client centric results
- Demonstrated experience in information management including competency in Peoplesoft Financials and MS Office computer software
lease address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Roberta Parshotam, Faculty Senior Research Accountant, telephone: 8313 0157, email: email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 21 October 2016
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.