Description of Work Unit
Colorado State University (CSU) invites applications for the position of Marketing Mananger for Conference & Event Services (CES) in the Department of Housing & Dining Services. CES assists over 100 programs each year ranging in size from under 10 to over 7,000 participants. Located an hour north of the Denver metro area, Fort Collins is a culturally vibrant and progressive community of 150,000. The city sits on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountain foothills with views of 14,000 foot peaks and offers access to numerous outdoor opportunities.
The Marketing Manager is a full-time, year round position that designs, develops and executes a multi-layered marketing and sales program to promote and contract CSU facilities, food service, lodging and client services to qualified internal and external markets. This position will develop leads that result in contracts, conduct campus site tours and be responsible for identifying and pursing prospective clients. In addition, this position will provide summer conference and event management for an operation that provides logistical, planning, registration and financial support for on and off campus programs through the delivery of superior customer service. This position is expected to maintain and develop collaborative working relationships with a variety of departments and individuals across CSU, the local community in an effort to increase awareness and utilization of CES. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. This position should expect to work outside of the standard University business hours and/or work week, including time beyond 40 hours. This is a salaried, administrative professional, exempt from overtime position.
Required Job Qualifications
- Three or more year’s marketing experience including proposal to contract experience
- Two or more years managing a diverse portfolio of conference and/or events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Professional experience working on a college campus
- Demonstrated development and management experience using social media as a marketing/promotion tool
- Demonstrated track record of success in sales to target constituents
- Demonstrated experience attracting and maintaining new client accounts
- Demonstrated understanding of the recreation, tourism, hotel and resort management industries
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects, prioritize work to maximize productivity and respond effectively to change
- Experience working with conference/event and/or database management systems
- Excellent written communication skills
- CMP or CCEP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business development or related field
- Experience serving in an on-call capacity
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.