Transportation Services Assistant
- Provide support at transportation, hazmat truck, shipping, receiving, chauffeuring, and courier services.
- Picks up and delivers mail, records, supplies and materials as needed.
- Moves and deliveries of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Must be willing to work overtime, flexible hours, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license at the time of employment and be able to maintain it throughout the course of employment.
- At least one-year experience in either transportation, motor pool, chauffeuring, and/or shipping and receiving.
- Must be in good health with no physical defects that would interfere with job performance.
- Pre-employment drug testing required.
- Must consent to random drug testing.
- 2 years or more of experience in transportation, motor pool, chauffeuring, shipping and receiving is preferred.
Supervisory position? No Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 09/21/2016
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No GED/High School Diploma
- GED/High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Other Professional Degree (e.g., JD or MD)
- * Do you have at least one-year of experience in either transportation, motor pool, chauffeuring, and/or shipping and receiving?
- * Are you available to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary?
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license and will you be able to maintain it throughout the course of employment?
- * If selected, would you consent to random drug testing?
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents