Director: Quality & Compliance
Primary Purpose of Position
To ensure that all operations at Raffles College of Design and Commerce and its Associate Colleges meet or exceed appropriate standards of quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Understand current and proposed legislation and regulations of importance to the College and to convey the principles of the regulatory environments in which the College operates to senior staff of the College and its governance bodies.
- Manage quality assurance and regulatory compliance for Raffles College of Design and Commerce and all Associate Colleges, based on:
- The Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards)
- The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- The National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007 (the National Code).
- Devise and recommend new processes in order to enforce tertiary education regulations, and implement and monitor corrective action plans.
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to staff at Raffles College of Design and Commerce and Associate Colleges in quality and compliance policies, principles, processes and regulations.
- Collaborate with and advise Raffles College of Design and Commerce’s various internal governance and management bodies, including the College Council, the Academic Board and the Senior Management Committee on the quality and compliance requirements of the College, including that required in the Associate Colleges.
- Advise and direct senior managers of the College and of Associate Colleges on the application of registration standards to ensure that the College’s operations meet the criteria for continued registration.
- Act as the main point of contact for external communications with, and submissions to, government regulators and government departments.
- Devise plans and processes for the scheduled, systematic and timely review all policy documentation, PR and marketing collateral to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Work closely with the Quality, Audit and Risk Committee to oversee the development and implementation of the internal quality audit schedule, including conducting internal audits as required on and offshore
- Oversee the development and implementation of the College’s Risk Management Framework and Risk Register.
- Ensure strategic and operational planning meet regulatory requirements including requirements for tracking of performance against objectives and key performance indicators.
- Provide professional support to College governance processes through the preparation of briefing papers and other required duties for the College governance bodies, and ensure governance processes comply with tertiary education regulations.
- Review requirements for maintaining the accreditation of the College’s courses and work with Heads of Departments to ensure that program offerings are routinely reviewed and updated for consistency and content to ensure ongoing accreditation.
- Advise and direct Heads of Departments and college staff in the application of accreditation standards to ensure that the College’s courses continue to meet the criteria for accreditation.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and provide responses to audit findings in collaboration with the College’s senior management and governing bodies to ensure continued compliance with regulatory body registration and accreditation standards.
- Engage with agencies, councils and panels, professional associations, peak advisory bodies, relevant industry networks, and key stakeholders on relevant matters of current and potential importance to Raffles College of Design and Commerce and report to the senior management and to the governing bodies as directed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending approved quality and tertiary education regulation workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional networks.
- Research and report on industry benchmarks, best practice, outcomes and trends in matters of current or potential relevance to Raffles College of Design and Commerce.
- Contribute information, analysis and recommendations to strategic thinking, planning and development.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing relevant outcomes as required.
- An earned post-graduate degree.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in higher education in the areas of registration, accreditation, regulatory compliance (including ESOS), and quality assurance. Equivalent experience in the VET sector will be very favourably viewed.
- Demonstrated experience in a senior management position of a higher education provider.
- Superior knowledge, understanding and experience of the higher education and VET sectors (including quality, standards and regulations)
- High level experience and expertise in risk management
- Demonstrated sound understanding of institutional performance data and key performance indicators in the tertiary education sector.
- Demonstrated experience in research, analysis and report writing.
- Excellent people management, leadership and communication skills, and demonstrated experience in working in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Ability to promote, present and influence ideas and to effectively report to a range of different stakeholders
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
This position reports to the Principal.
This is a full-time position. The applicant must satisfy Child Protection legislation and will be subject to the Working with Children Check. The successful applicant must have the right to work in Australia.