Clinical Project Coordinator
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Kirby Institute is the major research body in Australia with responsibility for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of HIV/AIDS. It is also responsible for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of other blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections, in particular Viral Hepatitis.
About the role
- $79K-$94K plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term for 1 year
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The position holder is responsible to the Head of the Viral Hepatitis Clinical Research Program. They will be one of two staff responsible for the coordination, management and monitoring of the REACT study at 15 sites across eight countries.
The REACT study is a large international multicentre clinical trial in recently acquired hepatitis C. It is funded by the US National Institutes of Health and will be conducted in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, UK, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland. The Kirby Institute is coordinating this trial.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Substantial relevant experience in the conduct of clinical trials and preparation of key study materials including the protocol, case report forms, ethics and regulatory applications in Australia and internationally.
- Experience managing participating sites, study drug and conducting site monitoring
- Experience with contract development and management; managing budgets and coordinating and running protocol steering committee meetings and project team meetings;
- Willingness to travel locally and interstate
- Graduate biomedical science qualifications or other medical qualifications including Nursing
You should obtain a copy of the Position Description and systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Ms Pip Marks, Clinical Trial Manager
T: (61 2) 9385 0886
Applications close: 9 October 2016