Professor of Communication
SALARY RANGE: $171,299 pa (plus 17% super)
HOURS OF DUTY: Full-time (36.75 hours per week)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Ongoing
LOCATION OF POSITION: Melbourne Burwood Campus / Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
The School of Communication and Creative is seeking an outstanding Professor (Level E Teaching and Research) to lead colleagues in achieving excellent outcomes in student learning, career success for graduates, and improved research performance, in the broad field of Communication including media, journalism, public relations and similar areas.
You will be expected to:
- Maintain an international reputation for innovative, excellent academic research;
- Lead the development of a shared culture of academic integrity and excellence;
- Lead the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate education;
- Lead the collective improvement of research performance in Communication and related fields
- Create successful relationships between the University and community, professions and governments; and
- Contribute strongly to the leadership of the School, Faculty and University.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- A PhD in a discipline relevant to Communication;
- Outstanding success in leading academic groups, projects and innovations;
- Outstanding success in teaching and learning including design and leadership of degree programs;
- Outstanding success in research performance including high-quality publications, effective higher-degree supervision and gaining external research funding;
- Success in creating effective partnerships with community, professions and/or government; and
- Success in using digital media technologies in teaching, research and/or community engagement.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Matthew Allen, Head of School, Communication and Creative Arts, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday 28th October, 2016
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
All applicants MUST provide a separate statement addressing each key selection criteria outlined in the position description in addition to providing a cover letter and resume.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.