Postdoctoral Fellow in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering is Australia’s top Mechanical Engineering School (ARWU). For more information visit the website at http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/mechanical-engineering
About the role
- $87K-$93K per year plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Initial Fixed Term of 1 year
Potential to extend employment to 2-3years based on performance and availability of funding
The position objectives are to conduct original research related to Professor Jay Kruzic’s ongoing research projects, enhance the current mechanical testing capabilities in the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at UNSW, and develop new research directions and collaborations.
- Conduct novel research on the mechanical properties of engineering materials, biomaterials, and biological materials and disseminate outcomes as research papers to be presented at conferences and/or to be published in archival journals.
- Conduct research under limited supervision either as a member of a team or, where appropriate, independently.
- Design experiments, operate advanced laboratory and technical equipment, develop custom mechanical testing apparatus and protocols
- Supervise and/or assist post-graduate and undergraduate students
- Work with supervisor to attract competitive grant and/or industry funding
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, or another closely related discipline.
- Have strong skills in the mechanical testing and characterization of materials and strong familiarity with the related equipment and software.
- Have demonstrated capacity to conduct research evidenced by a solid track record of high-quality international peer-reviewed publications.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Jay Kruzic, Professor
T: (61 2) 9385 4017
Applications close: 07 October 2016