Lecturer - Strategic Studies and/or Contemporary Military Operations
5 days left
- Full Time
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $94,287 - $107,381 per annum plus 17% superannuation
- Work with Australia's highest leading University-affiliated think tank, the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre
- Work with the award winning Military and Defence Studies program, at the Australian Command and Staff College
- Standard teaching load of two courses per year (or equivalent)
The ANU College of Asia and the Pacific (CAP) leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region.
Based at the College of Asia and the Pacific and within the highly regarded Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre (SDSC) is Australia's highest ranked and largest concentration of scholars working on strategic and defence issues.
The Lecturers in Strategic Studies and/or Contemporary Military Operations will deliver a major contribution to the SDSC's educational programs, particularly its Military and Defence Studies program. This graduate program is delivered by SDSC to mid-level military officers attending the Australian Command and Staff College (ACSC), where the Lecturers will primarily be based.
We are looking to appoint outstanding scholars with particular research and teaching expertise in the following areas:
- Strategic Studies
- Strategic Theory
- Strategic Concepts
- Nuclear strategy
- Contemporary Military operations
- Theory and practice of air operations
- Theory and practice of maritime operations
As part of our ongoing efforts to rectify historical gender imbalances in the field of Strategic Studies, we are particularly keen to encourage highly-qualified female applicants.
For information about this position please contact Associate Professor Brendan Taylor on 02 61259928 or by email email@example.com
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
Application information In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Closing date: 11:55pm, Tuesday 1 November 2016
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.