Associate Professor or Professor of Physical and/or Food Chemistry
Monash University seeks to improve the human condition by advancing knowledge and fostering creativity. It does so through research and education and a commitment to social justice, human rights and a sustainable environment.
Monash is seeking to appoint an outstanding academic with internationally recognised expertise in the field of Physical and/or Food Chemistry within the School of Chemistry, in the Faculty of Science. The School of Chemistry aspires to excellence in research, teaching and learning, and drives innovative practices in both. The faculty's principles are underpinned with strong strategic alignment to industry and government through sustained recognised international connections and partnerships.
This exciting and challenging senior position requires an appointee capable of:
- leading innovative and transformative research initiatives
- raising the profile of Physical and/or Food Chemistry within the University
- building a strong and cohesive multi-disciplinary group that fosters collaboration
- supporting the development and teaching of Physical and/or Food Chemistry in undergraduate courses and postgraduate degrees
- dynamically engaging with industry, government and community organisations, including academic and professional societies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong reputation in Physical and/or Food Chemistry and a capacity to show scientific leadership and high impact research, and an in-depth knowledge of stakeholder needs.
The appointment will be made at the level appropriate to the successful candidate's qualifications and experience and will be on a continuing basis.
Salary Level D $131,219 - $144,557 pa (plus 17% employer superannuation)
Salary Level E $169,027 pa (plus 17% employer superannuation)
Relocation travel, removal allowance and salary packaging are available.
Monash offers a range of professional development programs, support for research, study and overseas work, generous parental leave and flexible work arrangements.
Enquiries only to
Confidential enquiries regarding the position may be made to:
Professor Bart Follink, Head of School, Bart.Follink@monash.edu. Telephone +61 3 990 52711
Friday 28 October 2016, 11:55pm AEST
The University reserves the right to appoint by invitation.