- Full time, continuing opportunity
- Fantastic opportunity to elevate your leadership and build strategic partnerships with stakeholders
- Base Salary $135,820K - $143,310 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Engagement and Partnerships Manager manages partnerships, projects, and programs of work across the widening participation and outreach functions of the Domestic Student Recruitment and Access team.
The position oversees a team of 3 to deliver projects aimed at inspiring, engaging and recruiting students from underrepresented cohorts, with a focus on programs and pathways for students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds. As the manager of this team, you ensure effective management of project plans, activities, communications, and deliverables to ensure milestones and objectives are achieved.
The role also manages relationships with external community organisations, the implementation of agreements and the assessment, development, and evaluation of strategic partnerships.
Due to the nature of the seasonality of workflow there will be a need to work flexibly throughout the year and there may be leave restrictions applied during peak periods.
- effective leadership and people management experience; together with flexibility, capacity to adapt to changing circumstances and environments and, when necessary, navigating through ambiguity
- experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex projects
- experience program managing multiple work streams, or leading large complex programs and ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands
- has previously worked in the higher education/tertiary sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organisation
- excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- solid knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the higher education sector, nationally, and how these inform the University's approach to Equity related policy and program development
- willingness to obtain a Working with Children Check.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 25 February 2024 11:59 PM