- Full time, 18 months fixed term opportunity with view to extend
- Exciting opportunity to provide professional data analysis support
- Base Salary $104K + 17% superannuation
The Student Recruitment Insights Analyst provides professional data analysis support to Sydney Future Students (SFS) and University stakeholders who are seeking statistical data focused on recruitment outcomes. This crucial role supports the University by understanding prospective student behaviour to inform how we attract and diversify our student body consistent with student recruitment strategies and aspirations.
We are seeking someone to lead on the exploration, understanding and analysis of information held in the University's UAC and admissions databases to determine how these complex sources of data can be maximized. Over the project, the analyst will gain an idea of the extent to which data is already being utilised, identify untapped data points and how they can be used, and deliver reports and visualisations that respond to business questions.
- experience applying analytical and conceptual skills to inform business strategy in an education (secondary or HE) or commercial setting
- skills in extracting, transforming and loading data, such as using SAS Enterprise SQL to access data from the UAC database
- strong interpersonal and advanced comprehension and communication skills; able to autonomously prioritise and meet deadlines, maintain attention to detail, and work collaboratively to share and obtain information
- an expert in the use of Power BI or a similar business intelligence platform
- preferably with an understanding of student recruitment and admissions processes, and higher education application/preference/conversion behaviour.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQA. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Along with your application, provide answers to the questions below:
- Describe how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role. What added value will you contribute? (Required)
- Describe your key motivators for applying for this role. What excites you about it? (Required)
- Provide an example of a recent project you've completed where your analysis contributed to making a significant business decision. Briefly describe the requirements, your methods and your findings. Demonstrate how you applied your knowledge, skills and experience to arrive at useful and actionable insights. What were your conclusions, how did you present them and what was the impact? (Required)
If you do not address the above criteria questions, your application will not be considered.
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, responses to the questions above, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact the HR Service Centre on +61 2 9351 2000 or Riviera Son, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 26 February 2024 11:59 PM